Friday, July 27, 2007

passion for printing, a new blog

Over the past two years, and to extreme proportions in the last few months, I have been obsessed with experimenting on the letterpress. To prove it, I have a couple dozen wood type faces that I have purchased, thousands of printed cards and broadsides taking up space in my bookcase and because I have been printing weekly at the San Francisco Center for the Book, they have asked me to teach an upcoming class on wood type in October.

I even have fabulous interns that astound me when they thank me for the opportunity to work all day long on a press. And it is credit to them that I am starting this blog (which started as a joke) but as I am receiving frequent questions about letterpress, a blog seems the perfect venue for responding and is much easier to update than my poor website, which is long overdue for some attention.

So please bear with me as I learn this new interface—lately I have been press-side more than screen-side!

No comments: