Saturday, November 15, 2008

calendars for 2009

I love hidden messages and meaning in art and calendars are great mediums for experimenting with type and forms!


New for 2009 is a perpetual calendar for birthdays, anniversaries and such! I've been thinking on this one for awhile--I wanted to make it fun, engaging and purposeful all in one. I stumbled on the idea of using the celestial map for background image and then came across Asa Smith's lovely book with illustrations from the 1850 constellation maps and I'm very happy with the results!


I've also reprinted 2009 editions of my favs, luna and poseidon...


Unlike desktop printing, where you can do a quick change and reprint, when printing letterpress, the elements can effect your final outcome and it is not easy to just "reprint". With the lessons learned on the first runs, luna got an upgrade to a more intense moon image background and poseidon is printed in deeper versions of the same colors.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Carls said...

I'll be looking for your Calendar, I can't wait.

I'm tagging you - please see my blog for details.